REMOTE SOUNDING SYSTEM – PNEUMATIC
Remote Sounding System BMS4™ is the next generation of electro-pneumatic systems for level and draft measurement, developed by API Marine and featuring improved modular design, enhanced capabilities and reduced costs.
Remote Sounding System BMS4™ is designed to measure the level in ballast and service tanks and the vessel’s draft. The system can also be used for level measurement in onshore storage tanks.
The level measurement principle of the Remote Sounding System BMS4™ is based on periodic purging of compressed air from the system to the tank bottom through an air tube and measurement of the settled air pressure in the tube. For draft measurement the air tube is led out to the bottom of the vessel. The density measurement principle of the system is based on measuring the pressure difference in two air tubes, mounted in the tank and the known distance between these tubes.
- New ruggedized and compact tank level radar
- Combined sensor for temperature and pressure measurement (less cabling)
- No moving parts or electronics inside the tank
- Service-friendly design
- Customizable solutions
- High accuracy and reliability
- Tank level radar TGD-R
- Pressure and temperature measurement in one sensor TGD-TP
- Control cabinet(s) & operator station(s)
- Flashing lamp and horn
- Pressure measurement for manifold UPT™
API Marine BMS4™